Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Breeze


I was playing with the boys

Who were playing beneath the trees

I fell the ripe mangoes from the trees

To help them fill their stomach at least.                           4

 

I was floating here and there

To spread the fragrance in the air

I was there to help the bees

To get some honey from lilies.                                       8

 

I touched the small streams that made them cuddle,

They made sounds that filled the air

The branches of trees rocked in joy

By fluttering their leaves in the air.                                              12

 

Sometimes when I take rest atop the hills,

Silence spreads out in my world.

No birds will cry and no flowers will bloom

The world will slumber when I am not there.                              16

 

It is my duty to keep my world awake.

I feel joy to keep the world moving

It is on me that the birds glide

And teach their young ones how to fly.                          20

 

Solace is what I give a tired person

Happiness is what I give the little children

I live in this world and keep it alive.

I am happy when others enjoy.                                      24

 

I am the cool little breeze that flow past you

You will find me when you think of me

When I touch you, you enjoy this world

For you are my friend as the whole world thinks.                       28

 

 

1 comment:

rm said...

hey gentle breeze how many days you have turned my simple days to one of joy and special..but never have i thought u of an entity..now when i read u the care u take to make us happy the thoughtfulness with which u fell those mangoes...i just took u for granted..next time u gently pass by me dont miss the smile on my lips just for you.

renjith it was simple pure poetry..great i can say..i have not read much of poetry and i have never read one on breeze...i hope u will bring to life those simple things which we take for granted with your thoughts and words...keep going.